30K EVENT DETAILS
DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS BEING LIFTED, THERE WILL BE NO WAVED STARTS.
REFUND / DEFERRAL / TRANSFER POLICY
- There are no refunds, deferrals, credits, or waitlists for any TMR event in 2021.
- There are no distance transfers allowed after June 1, 2021.
- There is only ONE start time at 8:00 AM
- Located at JHMR Base Area (6,329 ft.) between the Bridger & Sweetwater Gondolas
The 30K begins by taking the Valley Trail up to the lower section of Wildflower Trail, merging into the Lower Face Loop and Yurt Trail. The trail continues back onto Hoback Trail, eventually crossing towards Seven Bridges. Continue up the mountain until you reach Solitoga Trail + Solitude Road. You'll reach a maintenance road as you continue up the mountain towards the Teton Chair.
Take the Wildflower Trail until reaching the Gondola summit. Proceed up the Cirque Trail to reach the summit of Rendezvous Mountain (10,455 ft., mile 12). After reaching the summit, work your way back down the Upper Rock Springs Trail to a maintenance road that will guide you back to the Wildflower Trail. Descend until reaching the finish line. Miles 13-18 are located mostly on mountain single track trails.
The course will be marked with YELLOW flagging, caution tape, chalk and more.
~5,500 ft. of vertical gain with the majority of gain in the first 12 miles.
Aid stations provided will be administered with as little contact as possible and set in areas where social distancing guidelines can be implemented.
There will be ~ 6 aid stations along the 30K course spaced out by ~ 4-5 miles each. Aid stations are cupless, meaning there will be no cups available for use. It is highly encouraged to purchase a reusable cup with your registration to be used on race day and/or bring your own re-fillable hydration gear. Volunteers will be at aid stations ready to refill your cups and reservoirs.
AS #1 - Seven Bridges and Solitoga Trail junction - Water/Electrolyte
AS #2 - Casper Chair Lift and Wildflower Trail Junction - Water/Electrolyte/Sweet & salty snacks
AS #3 - Teton Chair Maintenance Rd. - Water/Electrolyte/Ice/Sweet & salty snacks
AS #4 - Bridger Chair - Water/Electrolyte
AS #5 - Rendezvous (~13.7 miles in) - Fully stocked!
AS #6 - Hoback and Yurt Trail Junction - Water/Electrolyte
*We reserve the right to make adjustments or changes to aid station locations and operations if COVID-19 guidelines require us to for 2021. The number of aid stations may be limited.
The majority of aid stations will have at least water and Tailwind electrolyte. The largest aid station is Rendezvous, packed with real food options, soda, snacks, sports fuel and more.
Expect the following items along the course:
- Electrolyte drink (Tailwind Nutrition)
- GU energy gels (assorted flavors)
- Salty snacks (potato chip/pretzel/etc.)
- Gummy bears
- Oranges and pickles
DROP / DNF POLICY
- Runners may only drop at official aid stations, unless in the event of a serious emergency.
- Notify an aid station worker to drop. You will be picked up at the aid station and brought back down the mountain.
The 30K race is capped at 350 runners.
EXPO / BIB PICK UP
Check out the weekend schedule here.
A variety of top selling sports nutrition brands will be available for sale at bib pickup. There will also be assorted apparel, accessory items like body glide and sunscreen, hydration accessories and more hosted by Bozeman Running Company.
Avg. high mid 70s / Avg. low high 30s. Temperature can vary widely, so come prepared for a chilly morning and/or a hot day.
- Spectators are allowed at all TMR events as the mountain trails are open to the public
- There are mountain bike trails, so please be cognizant of bikers and do your best to share the trail, read signs, and follow proper trail etiquette.
- Spectators can purchase tickets for the following gondolas:
- Bridger Gondola (opens at 9AM) - takes you to Bridger Aid Station
- Sweetwater Gondola (opens at 10AM) - takes you to Casper Aid Station
- For the best rate, purchase online or you can purchase them when you arrive to the resort.
POST RACE / AWARDS
- Enjoy a delicious catered lunch at the finish line, courtesy of Blue Collar Group.
- Top finishers will be awarded a custom framed topo map featuring the mountain trails. Top 3 overall Female, Top 3 overall Male, 1st Place Master's (40+) Male & Female.
- All finishers receive a custom, USA-made wooden finishers medal.
- Trekking poles: Allowed
- Pacers, crew support, dogs: Not allowed
- Headphones: Not encouraged due to wildlife and reduced course awareness. Speakers are not allowed.
- Aerial drones are not allowed at JHMR.
We reserve the right to make course changes that place your safety first. This is a race in the mountains, where there is increased exposure to variable weather patterns that can change at any time. Runners should be prepared for a wide range of weather patterns and know that they may be directed off course if there is a severe weather threat.