15K EVENT DETAILS
DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS BEING LIFTED, THERE WILL BE NO WAVED STARTS.
REFUND / DEFERRAL / TRANFER POLICY
- There are no refunds, deferrals, credits, or waitlists for any TMR event in 2021.
- There are no distance transfers allowed after June 1, 2021.
- There is only ONE start time at 8:00AM
- Located at JHMR Base Area (6,329 ft.) between the Bridger & Sweetwater Gondolas
The 15K starts by taking the JHMR running trails (Saratoga Trail) across the hillsides until you connect with the Wildflower Trail at the Casper Chair Lift. This junction will have an aid station. Zip down the Wildflower Trail and descend the switchbacks until reaching the finish line.
15K Runners will gain ~1,800 FT. over the first 5-6 miles and descend the same amount in the last 4 miles. This is a great beginner option for those who don't want to reach the elevation or distance of the 30K.
The course will be marked with RED flagging, caution tape, chalk and more.
The 15K race is capped at 200 runners. Registration will close once this cap is reached, so we encourage you to register early.
There will be 3 cupless aid stations along the 15K course.
AS #1 - Seven Bridges and Solitoga Trail junction - Water/Electrolyte
AS #2 - Casper Chair Lift and Wildflower Trail Junction - Water/Electrolyte/Sweet & salty snacks
AS #3 - Hoback & Yurt trail junction - Water/Electrolyte
*We reserve the right to make adjustments or changes to aid station locations and operations if COVID-19 guidelines require us to for 2021. The number of aid stations may be limited.
- Electrolyte drink (Tailwind Nutrition)
- GU energy gels (assorted flavors)
DROP / DNF POLICY
- Runners may only drop at official aid stations, unless in the event of a serious emergency.
- Notify an aid station worker to drop. You will be picked up at the aid station and brought back down the mountain.
Avg. high mid 70s / Avg. low high 30s. Temperature can vary widely, so come prepared for a chilly morning and/or a hot day.
- Spectators are allowed at all TMR events as the mountain trails are open to the public
- There are mountain bike trails, so please be cognizant of bikers and do your best to share the trail, read signs, and follow proper trail etiquette.
- Spectators can purchase tickets for the following gondolas:
- Bridger Gondola (opens at 9AM)
- Sweetwater Gondola (opens at 10AM)
- For the best rate, purchase online or you can purchase them when you arrive to the resort.
POST RACE / AWARDS
- Enjoy a delicious catered lunch at the finish line, courtesy of Blue Collar Group.
- Top finishers will be awarded a custom framed topo map featuring the mountain trails. Top 3 overall Female, Top 3 overall Male, 1st Place Master's (40+) Male & Female.
- All finishers receive a custom, USA-made wooden finishers medal.
- Trekking poles: Allowed
- Pacers, crew support, dogs: Not allowed
- Headphones: Not encouraged due to wildlife and reduced course awareness. Speakers are not allowed.
- Aerial drones are not allowed at JHMR.
We reserve the right to make course changes that place your safety first. This is a race in the mountains, where there is increased exposure to variable weather patterns that can change at any time. Runners should be prepared for a wide range of weather patterns and know that they may be directed off course if there is a severe weather threat.
The 15K features the Wildflower Trail
descend sunny switchbacks surrounded by wildflowers